The Vancouver Japanese Language School and Japanese Hall (VJLS-JH) is looking for a Social Media coordinator to support us in creating fun, engaging content for our diverse community that promotes Japanese Canadian language, culture, and history. You are ideally someone familiar with Instagram and Facebook and enjoy coming up with creative new ways to bring people together and learn something new.
VJLS-JH is a progressive employer and will support applications from all qualified individuals with a priority for those who identify as IBPOC. Accommodations are available to support applications from individuals with a visible or invisible disability. The successful candidate will be supported by a marketing professional and have access to professional development opportunities and programs.
This is an ideal opportunity for an aspiring marketing and communications professional who’s looking to gain valuable experience with a non-profit organization!
What skills you’ll bring to the role:
- Strong knowledge of the digital media landscape with some experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and detail orientated
- Eager with a desire to learn, be open-minded
- (Bonus if you are comfortable speaking, writing, and understanding Japanese!)
What you’ll get to do:
- Help tell the unique story of VJLS-JH and its community in creative ways on platforms like Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- Create engaging campaigns that create spark and interest in Japanese Canadian culture and language and encourage people to learn or try something new!
- Help a diverse and unique community grow and promote opportunities for them to share their language and culture with one another
Work setting: VJLS-JH provides an accessible work environment and accommodations for individuals with a disability. Supports will be made available for you and there is the opportunity to work from an office or remotely from home. You will work alongside our experienced who will support you with your work. Community Engagement Manager.
Please include your resume, a cover letter, and any links you have to a portfolio or social media accounts that you manage. Alternatively, record a video of yourself and why you’re interested in this position and send a link to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you all for your interest! Can’t wait to hear from you.