The Vancouver Japanese Language School and Japanese Hall (VJLS-JH) is looking for a Digital Media Designer to support us in creating fun, engaging images that reflects our diverse community You are ideally someone familiar with creating art using traditional methods or digital tools like Illustrator, InDesign, or Photoshop and enjoy coming up with creative new ways to express ideas that bring people together and encourage them to learn something new.
VJLS-JH is a progressive employer and will support applications from all qualified individuals with a priority for those who identify as IBPOC. Accommodations are available to support applications from individuals with a visible or invisible disability. The successful candidate will be supported by a marketing professional and have access to professional development opportunities and programs.
This is an ideal opportunity for an aspiring marketing and communications professional who’s looking to gain valuable experience with a non-profit organization!
What skills you’ll bring to the role:
- Passion for experience design and aesthetics
- Basic knowledge of web and graphic designs
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator
- Hands-on with at least one graphic design tool
- (Bonus if you are comfortable speaking, writing, and understanding Japanese!)
What you’ll get to do:
- Create engaging and Iconic images that tell the story of VJLS-JH and its programs and represent the diversity of our community.
- Create visual designs and motifs that can translate across multiple mediums including social media, website, posters, and brochures
VJLS-JH provides an accessible work environment and accommodations for individuals with a disability. Supports will be made available for you and there is the opportunity to work from an office or remotely from home. You will work alongside our experienced who will support you with your work. Community Engagement Manager.
Please include your resume, a cover letter, and any links you have to a portfolio or social media accounts that you manage. Alternatively, record a video of yourself and why you’re interested in this position and send a link to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you all for your interest! Can’t wait to hear from you.