VJLS-JH is currently looking for enthusiastic people to join our team. Apply today!
Executive Director (ED)
Please read the Full Job Posting: Executive Director of VJLS-JH [PDF]
This new position is a unique opportunity to be an integral part of a growing and vibrant cultural organization whose mandate is to support staff and volunteers in providing outstanding programs and services to our member, students, community partners and the public at large.
The ED will work closely with the Board of Directors to develop organizational capacity and strategic objectives and to manage VJLS-JH’s operations, programming, human resources, finances, and community relations.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- strong leadership, organizational and communication skills,
- fluent written and oral communication in English; fluency in Japanese a strong asset
- a strong interest in Japanese culture and Japanese Canadian History,
- a minimum of 7 years of experience in a senior leadership role in a non-profit environment with a strong understanding of finance and measures of performance,
- demonstrated ability to manage grant-funding and oversee fundraising projects,
- sound computer skills including advanced Excel
- Criminal Record Check required; first aid certification a strong asset
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
For more detailed information regarding the position, we encourage you to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Process and Deadline:
Please apply by emailing your resume and cover letter describing your interest and qualifications to email@example.com with subject title: ED application
Deadline for submission is Friday, June 16, 2017 5 PM PST, no exception
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.