Effective: 1 September 2020
Thank you for considering VJLS-JH as your source for Japanese language and culture education.
The following are the policies and procedures for fees and services at VJLS-JH.
1. Schedule of Fees Applicable To All Students
- 1.1 Registration Fee
- All new students are required to pay a one-time registration fee of $50.00.
- Registration fee is non-refundable.
- Re-payment of this fee is required if the student re-registers after an absence of 5 years or more.
- Registration fee is not required for students only taking courses shorter than 10-weeks per session.
- 1.2 Individual/Family Membership Fee
- Students are not required to pay for an annual VJLS-JH membership ($20.00) which is entirely optional.
- Membership fees cover one (1) person only.
- Membership is valid for the period of September 1 of the year to August 31 of the following year.
- Membership can be renewed annually.
- Membership fees are non-refundable.
2. Tuition Fees
- 2.1 All fees are outlined in the VJLS-JH Fee Schedule.
- 2.2 All tuition fees are calculated on a school year basis.
- 2.3 Fees are set for the term from September to June of the following year.
- 2.4 Fees are subject to change.
3. Payment of Fees
- 3.1 All payments to be made payable to “VJLS”.
- 3.2 All payments required in full at the time of registration (enrollment) or before the commencement of the first class unless financing is required.
- 3.3 Payment maybe in the form of:
- Cheque – payable to “VJLS”
- Debit, VISA, Mastercard
- NSF (Non-Sufficient Funds) cheques and/or declined PAD (Pre-Authorized Debit) payments are subject to $20.00 bank service fees and administrative charges.
- 3.4 Late payment penalty
A late payment penalty of 10% of the regular monthly tuition fee will apply to all students who have not paid their tuition fees by the end of the second lesson. Subsequent penalties may be applied after the third and fourth lessons.
- 3.5 Failure of payment penalty
Failure to pay tuition fees after one month of attendance may result in the student being dropped from the class. In such a case, another student on a wait list may fill the resulting vacancy.
4. Refunds, Withdrawal, and Extended Absence
- 4.1 Tuition fees paid will be fully refunded, minus a processing fee of $20.00, if the student cancels before the commencement of the first class.
- 4.2 For courses shorter than 10-weeks per session, NO REFUNDS are given after the commencement of the first class. Such courses includes but not limited to:
- Weekday Evening Courses
- Summer, Spring and Winter Camps
- Summer School
- 4.3 For courses longer than 10-weeks per session, we require a written notice eight (8) weeks prior to time of withdrawal from classes and $20.00 processing fee, except for withdrawal due to valid medical reasons.
- 4.4 If a student cannot continue for valid medical reasons, a pro-rated fee refund will be based on the amount of time not attending classes.
- A valid medical report will be required.
- 4.5 A student with an extended absence from classes:
- We require written notice six (6) weeks prior to time of departure. $20.00 processing fee is required.
- A fee may be assessed if the space is reserved for the student.
- 4.6 Other valid circumstances will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
5. Illness of the Student
- 5.1 If the student is ill and cannot attend, please inform VJLS at (604) 254-2551.
- 5.2 The guardian will be required to come to VJLS to administer to your child if he or she becomes ill while attending classes.
6. Cancellation of Classes
- 6.1 Classes may be cancelled due to adverse weather condition such as extreme snowfall, pandemics such as COVID 19, or conditions beyond the control of VJLS.
- 6.2 Prior to commencement of classes, VJLS reserves the right to cancel any classes that do not have the required minimum number of registrants.
- The Principal and the Board of Directors of VJLS will determine the minimum number required.
- A full refund will be given with no processing fee charged.
If you have any questions or concerns in regards to the policies and procedures, please feel free to contact VJLS-JH.