Elementary, Junior High and Senior High courses are aimed for children fluent in Japanese or children speaking Japanese at home as the first or second language.
Please see the Fundamental Courses for Japanese as second or third language and High School and Adult Programs for adult learners.
- Scholarships available
- Broad array of facilities and rooms (Japanese Library, Multipurpose Hall, Tatami Room, Classrooms, Staff Room, Meeting Rooms and so on)
- Cultural and Martial Art Programs: Calligraphy Club, Shaolin Martial Arts, Aikido, Archery, Ping pong, Piano
- Student Council (School Event Planning, Volunteering, Fundraising)
Elementary (Grades 1-6)
9:00 am – 12:00 pm (3 hours)
These classes are aimed at children who speak Japanese at home and teach the foundations of Japanese using textbooks from Japan. There is also an emphasis on teaching Japanese culture and customs.
1st Period 9:00 am – 10:00 am (10 min. break)
2nd Period 10:10 am – 11:00 am (10 min. break)
3rd Period 11:10 am – 12:00 pm
Junior High / Senior High
1:00 pm – 4:00 pm (3 hours)
The level of Japanese taught is equivalent to level 1 and 2 of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test. Students here participate in student council and help out with school events.
The students will be required to select one elective class from the following for the 3rd period:
- Drama: Leaning through expression, reading, composing, and speaking Japanese.
- Choir: Learning through songs, understanding of background and lyrics, and meanings behind words.
- Painting: Learning through appreciation of pictures, expression of pictures through texts and poems, and expression of pictures through feelings.
- Calligraphy: Learning through understanding the origins of Kanji and Kana, improving penmanship skills, and leads to better writing skills using both brush and pen (this calligraphy is different from optional calligraphy club)
1st Period 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm (10 min. break)
2nd Period 2:10 pm – 3:00 pm (10 min. break)
3rd Period 3:10 pm – 4:00 pm (elective class)
Required Number of Years For Each Level
- Kindergarten – 1 year
- Elementary – 6 years
- Junior High – 3 years
- Senior High – 3 years
- Fundamental (Beginner) – Approximately 9 years
- Fundamental (Upper) – Approximately 3 years
Graduation takes place every June. Upon successful completion of one level, students automatically proceed to the next level.
Entrance Ceremony (September)
Classroom Observation Day
Graduation Ceremony for Kinder
Graduation Ceremony and
School wide Class Presentations
|Elementary, Jr & Sr High Timetable (Every Saturday)
|Junior High 1-3|
|Senior High 1-3
|Junior High & Senior High - Combined Elective Courses