VJLS-JH is currently looking for enthusiastic people to join our team. Apply today!
Executive Director (ED)
Posted: May 15, 2017
Please read the Full Job Posting: Executive Director of VJLS-JH [PDF]
This new position is a unique opportunity to be an integral part of a growing and vibrant cultural organization whose mandate is to support staff and volunteers in providing outstanding programs and services to our member, students, community partners and the public at large.
The ED will work closely with the Board of Directors to develop organizational capacity and strategic objectives and to manage VJLS-JH’s operations, programming, human resources, finances, and community relations.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- strong leadership, organizational and communication skills,
- fluent written and oral communication in English; fluency in Japanese a strong asset
- a strong interest in Japanese culture and Japanese Canadian History,
- a minimum of 7 years of experience in a senior leadership role in a non-profit environment with a strong understanding of finance and measures of performance,
- demonstrated ability to manage grant-funding and oversee fundraising projects,
- sound computer skills including advanced Excel
- Criminal Record Check required; first aid certification a strong asset
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
For more detailed information regarding the position, we encourage you to contact email@example.com.
Application Process and Deadline:
Please apply by emailing your resume and cover letter describing your interest and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title: ED application
Deadline for submission is Friday, June 16, 2017 5 PM PST, no exception
Facility Rental Staff
Full Job Posting: Facility Rental Staff [PDF] – Casual/On-call
- Opening and closing the building and managing the security system during the rental period
- Being up-to-date on client rental agreements and booking details
- Providing a high level of overall customer service and hospitality to all clients
- Responding to on-site client inquiries and resolving any issues that may arise during the rental period
- Setting up and taking down rooms for rentals, including moving and lifting chairs, tables and equipment
- Basic janitorial duties
- Accepting and processing rental fee transactions
- Working together with other VJLS-JH Staff
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Good written and verbal communication. Being bilingual in both English and Japanese is an asset
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suites and email
- Ability to kneel, squat and lift up-to 50lbs
- Reliable, and able to work independently as well as part of a team
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.